Say goodbye to your day: Google Maps just became a Pac-Man game
To celebrate and honor April Fools Day, Google has unleashed Pac-Man on Google Maps. Feel free to blame your lack of productivity on Google. Actually that’s probably fair in most circumstances, so what’s one more.
If you want to play, there’s nothing to it. Just head on over to Google Maps and look for the Pac-Man design in the bottom left corner of the screen. Click it and you are now playing Pac-Man using a city as the game board.
The terrain of the map you are looking at needs to meet some specific guidelines. The city you want to play on needs to be based on a grid design, and have plenty of streets for Pac-Man to eat those delicious white dots before ingesting a power pill and turning cannibal on the ghosts.
If you need a location, Google will randomly choose one for you. It also has a few hints on where to go.
Even though it’s a basic in terms of graphics, it still looks like more fun than that Adam Sandler movie Pixels, which also shows Pac-Man noming his way through a city.
You can play the game on a computer or a mobile device, you just need a device that will run Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari.
Here are some tips for you on where to play, courtesy of Google, and more are coming soon.
- Don’t drop the ball on the eve of your victory!
- Triumph is délicieux.
- Does a Galaxian bonus await at the top of those 272 steps?
- Chomp your way to independence down seven lanes of July.
- PAC-MAN and Ms. PAC-MAN can’t agree on which side is prettier: the American or the Canadian. Which side do you fall on, eh?
- After a chat with the Sphinx, PAC-MAN sounds more like “Dokki Dokki”.
- Pause game play to admire Chagall’s stained glass windows and have a bit of chocolate.
- Can you score 10^(10^100) points?
- Whether they’re flashing blue or sporting their natural colors, Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde are always kakkoii. Even Vogueagrees they’re living in the trendiest of neighborhoods.
- Previous PAC-MAN lives don’t get to rest in a white marble mausoleum.
- Head to the valley of the sun and earn your grade in the art of the game.
- How well can you navigate the radiating streets of the distrito federal?
- Victory is like gothic glockenspiel musikto our ears.
- Pay special attention to Blinky – he might blend in with the dreaming red kangaroos!
- You’ll find the Beach PAC-MAN World Cup here before long.