‘Destiny’s’ loot cave may be gone, but Bungie made sure it won’t be forgotten
R.I.P. loot cave. We’ll pour a little out for you following Destiny’s most recent patch.
But while hotfix 22.214.171.124. may have closed the Rocket Yard loot cave, Bungie decided to immortalize it with an Easter egg acknowledging the game’s brief, glorious history.
Now when you head into the cave, instead of a mountain of stuff, according to IGN you’ll find a pile of remains. Interacting with the remains calls down a voice that says, “A million deaths are not enough for Master Rahool.”
Master Rahool is the name of the Cryptarch, the NPC that was kept constantly busy when the loot cave was at its height, dropping engrams all willy nilly. Alas, no more.
The loot cave may be gone, but we will NEVAR FORGET.
While the closing of the loot cave may dominate the headlines, the patch also did a number on several weapons, and closed an exploit in the Vault of Glass raid.
Before the patch, a fireteam could hide on one of the sniper platforms surrounding the main battlefield when facing the Templar enemy in Vault of Glass. Players could then take cover and wait for the relic holder to charge up and lower the Templar’s shield, then open fire before hiding when it teleported away. Rinse repeat until the Templar was destroyed with incredible ease. With the patch, if the relic leaves the primary area it teleports back to the main area.
As for weapons, the following adjustments have been made:
- Auto Rifles
- Base Damage decreased by 2%
- Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
- Stability decreased by 4% – 17% (driven by stat value)
- Hand Cannons
- In-air accuracy now increased
- Scout Rifles
- Base damage increased by 6%
- Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% – 25% (based on tier)
- Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
- Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
- Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
- The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
- Exotic Weapons
- Vex Mythoclast
- Base Damage decreased by 34%
- Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)
- Vex Mythoclast
A handful of other fixes were implemented in the patch, including issues related to quick weapon swapping.